Everyone knows about many technologies and products of IT sector but few of us knows about one of the most emerging CRM technology SALESFORCE. In student life, we all are tensed about what to choose as their basic technology in which one can stand-alone. Ergo I’m providing you one more option which may lead you to the success and that thing is “Salesforce” and today I’ll let you know All about Salesforce.
Before going to any detail let’s have an idea about what is Salesforce and how it is better from others.
Introduction of Salesforce:
Salesforce is basically a leading CRM based platform produced by Salesforce.com located in San Francisco, California, United States. This is a cloud-based application for sales, marketing, services, IOT, AI and various things of which an industry or organization needs. You just have to log-in and start connecting & working with your customers.
“Why should I use Salesforce?” , this may be the first question in your mind while reading or listening about that, so here are some few points which may convince you as well:
- It provides Intelligent CRM’s app like Sales, Services, Marketing, Commerce etc.
- It has Customization feature in it i.e. you just have to click, drag-&-drop the things want to use.
- It also has its own AppExchange app where you can install any useful app without any previous learning of how to do this and also it may be available to you free.
- The Chatter app of it is working as a Social networking app where you can connect with your community, group, or friends to share files, message or notification, etc.
- It doesn’t require any previous installation of any kind of hardware or software to use it. You just need a Laptop, PC or anything where you can access it with just the URL and credentials of our salesforce platform.
Salesforce basically starts with the few apps which are extending day-by-day. Let me tell you about these in details:
- Sales: Here, you can sell faster and more smartly by just applying all your requirements and make it perfectly usable according to you.
- Services: Enhance your customer support — from call-centre software to self-service portals with more responsive, intuitive, and flexible service solutions that help you anticipate your customers’ needs.
- Salesforce CPQ: Deliver accurate quotes, proposals, and contracts. Plus, automate billing, subscriptions, and revenue recognition.
- Field Service Lightning: Connect your entire workforce to deliver intelligent and productive onsite service, and transform the customer experience in the field.
- Marketing: Make the most of every customer interaction by creating personalized, cross-channel customer journeys that deliver exceptional experiences across email, mobile, social, advertising, the web, and more.
- Commerce: Inspire shoppers with seamless 1-to-1 shopping experiences that unify mobile, social, web, and store with built-in predictive intelligence, mobile-first design, and the agility of the cloud.
- Quip: Create documents, spreadsheets, and checklists that your whole team can easily edit and share with Quipembed live Salesforce data that automatically updates so you never have to worry that it’s out of date.
These are few services and products of salesforce, there are much more which can make your working experience much better.
Now let’s move further on the different functionalities and know how to access the salesforce.
One of the most important thing in salesforce is its Objects. So before going for anything vast let’s have the basic knowledge of it.
What are Objects?
If you worked with MySQL you can easily relate the Salesforce object with the tables, Columns are the fields and Rows as Records. Standard objects are objects that are included with Salesforce. Common business objects like Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity are all standard objects.
Objects mainly are of two types:
- Standard: Objects already created for you by Salesforce are called standard objects. Provided by Salesforce itself where custom fields can be added to Account, Contact, Opportunity, Lead, and Product etc.
- Custom: Objects you create in your organization are called custom objects. Created by User of their own choice like Employee, Department etc.
- External: Objects you create that map to data stored outside your organization are called external objects.
Now moving on the fields of the objects:
As I already said that fields are like columns in a table. It describes the attribute of the object. These are of various datatypes like Picklist, Text, Number, Formula etc.
Different Details type:
|API Data Type||Corresponding Field Types in the User Interface|
|ID||Lookup relationship, master-detail relationship|
|string||Auto number, email, phone, picklist, multi-select picklist, text, text area, long text area, rich text area, data category group reference and URL. Different maximum lengths are specified in the WSDL for text, text area, and long text area.|
|double||Currency, formula, number, percent, and roll-up summary|
|Varies by type||When formula fields are created in the user interface, a type must be specified. This type corresponds to the API data type of the same name: currency, date, date/time, number, percent, or text.|
This is all for today. To know more about salesforce keep learning and browsing CoderInMe.com
All rights reserved. No part of this Post may be copied, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of the website admin, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the owner, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” to the admin @coderinme